2012 Strategic Planning Summit
September 14, 2012
The Society of Automotive Analysts continued the commemoration of its 25th Anniversary with a special version of its annual Strategic Planning Summit.
This year’s Summit provided a look back at the past 25 years with a panel featuring leading analysts – and founding SAA members. A second panel looked ahead at what to expect over the next 25 years, including results of an upcoming white paper on the forces of change in the automotive industry, current and emerging technologies and the pathway for bringing innovations to market. Visteon's Tim Leuliette provided the keynote address.
To access the white paper from KPMG/CAR on self-driving cars, click here. The white paper, Self-Driving Cars - The Next Revolution, reflects the results of interviews with more than 25 thought leaders, automotive and high-tech executives, and government officials, as well as analysis of industry trends, and provides insight on the convergence of sensor-based and communication-based vehicle technologies and its implications.
Strategic Planning Summit Speakers Included:
- Anthony Pratt, SAA President
- Jason Stein, Editor, Automotive News
- Stephen Girsky, Vice Chairman, General Motors (via video)
- Drew Winter, Senior Editor, Ward’s Auto
- Maryann Keller, Managing Partner, Maryann Keller & Associates, LLC
- John Casesa, Senior Managing Partner, Investment Banking, Guggenheim Partners
- Mustafa Mohatarem, Chief Economist, General Motors
- J Ferron, Automotive News PACE Awards
- Gary Silberg, National Automotive Industry Leader, KPMG, LLP
- Nick Pudar, Vice President of Business Development, OnStar
- Kyle Williams, Director, Automotive Systems Integration, Robert Bosch LLC
- Tim Leuliette, Interim Chairman and Interim CEO and President, Visteon Corp.